Dear BBQ Friend:
Here's a delicious Southern BBQ sauce recipe that includes two of the South's staples - bourbon and peaches:
1. Heat oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until onions are translucent. Add garlic and cook one minute longer.
2. Add peaches, tomatoes, bourbon and chipotle peppers and cook, stirring often, until bourbon has almost completely cooked out, about 5-6 minutes.
3. Pour mixture along with the water into a blender and blend until smooth.
4. Pour mixture back into saucepan and lower heat to low.
5. Add remaining ingredients to saucepan, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often to keep sauce from sticking and burning.
Make 2 quarts.