This is a quick guide on how to smoke a Boston Butt. Of course, there are more detailed instructions in the eBook on how to cook competition quality pork.
Author: Bill Anderson
- Your favorite rub.
- Boston butt.
- Apply your favorite rub.
- Place on smoker or grill at 250 deg set up for indirect heat.
- Use a temperature probe on a wire like the ones we sell in our BBQ Store at www.bbq-book.biz or just use one of those instant read thermometer probes to check for doneness toward the end of the cook.
- Boston Butts are done when the internal meat temperature reaches 195 Deg. Just as a guide, they should get done in about 1 to 1.5 hours per lb.
- Let rest for 1 hour lightly tented with foil and then pull meat discarding bones and fat.
- Toss with some of your favorite sauce and you’re ready to eat.