Reverse Sear Steak - The Finney Method
Author: Bill Anderson
Recipe type: Main
- 2" thick rib eyes
- Coarse sea salt
- Canola oil
- Your favorite rub
- Get some well marbled steaks - choice is OK. This method will turn them into prime in no time! Get your butcher to custom cut them into 1.5" to 1.75" thick steaks. 2" is OK too. For the video, I bought a whole ribeye roast at Sam's Club and had them slice it into 2" steaks.
- Rub with canola oil and season with a generous amount of course grained salt like kosher salt or sea salt. Also apply your favorite BBQ rub.
- Stick a wire temperature probe in one of the steaks and slow smoke them at 200 deg until the internal temp of the meat reaches 115 deg.
- Remove steaks and let rest for 15-30 minutes.
- Get a very hot grill going as hot as you can get it. You'll need a lid to prevent flareups.
- Sear the steaks for 60-90 seconds on each side.
- Let rest for 15 minutes and then get prepared for the best steak of your life!