Rotisserie Chicken done the right way
If you want tender, moist rotisserie chicken with bite through skin, you have to slow roast it for about 4 hours. If you do it at high temperatures in one hour, you'll end up with burnt skin usually rubbery.
Author: Bill Anderson
Recipe type: Main
- One or two whole roasting chickens
- Your favorite rub
- Herbs to stuff in cavity
- Butcher's twine
- I use a Weber charcoal grill with the rotisserie ring.
- Get a chimney of coals lit.
- Apply some rub to the cavity and areas under the legs.
- Throw some herbs in the cavity like lemongrass, rosemary, lemon, etc.
- Truss your chicken and apply some more rub.
- Load it on the spit.
- Lay down a line of lit coals under where the spit will be.
- Insert your spit and start the motor.
- Leave the lid off.
- Every hour, throw on some more unlit charcoal under your spit.
- Done in 4 hours.
- For more details, watch the video at http://www.bbqsuccess.com/rotisserie-chicken/