Low Country Shrimp Boil
Author: Bill Anderson
Recipe type: Main
- 1 bag of Crab Boil Salt
- 10 cloves of Garlic peeled
- 1 Lemon cut in half
- Red potatoes (2-3 per person)
- 1 Lime cut in half
- Hot smoked sausage (1/4 lb. per person)
- Corn on cob (1 per person, fresh or 2 per person frozen half ears)
- Deheaded shrimp in shell (1/4 lb. per person)
- Bring water to boil, add crab boil, salt, garlic, lemon, and lime.
- Add potatoes, sausage, and corn. Boil for 1/2 an hour. If using frozen corn, add it 15 minutes after potatoes and sausage.
- Add shrimp and cook another 5-10 minutes. Don't overcook shrimp.
- Drain water and serve with cocktail sauce. (I make cocktail sauce using just catsup and horseradish.)